Cider vinegar – is produced by allowing the alcoholic drink to sour.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Relieve Arthritis Pain?
• Mineral deficiencies can exacerbate joint pain. Apple Cider Vinegar contains the calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus it is said that your body needs these to dull that pain.
• The magnesium in apple cider vinegar helps bones absorb calcium. Calcium is essential to bone strength.
• Apple cider vinegar also contains antioxidants, beta-carotene, and acetic acid. The anti-oxidants block the damaging effects of free radicals, preventing the cell and tissue damage characteristic of degenerative conditions like arthritis.
• Rich in enzymes and acids that promote proper digestion and the absorption of the nutrients essential to healthy joints.
• Arthritis pain is partially caused by metabolic waste that is stored in connective tissues. The pectin, acetic acid, and malic acid in apple cider vinegar help absorb toxins and flush them out of the body.
• When consumed, apple cider vinegar reduces the pain and stiffness of arthritis by dissolving the acid crystals that build up in the joints. I think the medical profession might dispute this claim.
• Once it is processed, apple cider vinegar leaves behind an alkaline residue that helps balance the body’s pH.
These are not my opinions but I think there are enough testimonials if you google this subject, to certainly make it worth a try if you are suffering. It is important that you get a live version and not something that has been sterilised and therefore the live ‘mother’ has not been destroyed. I buy mine via eBay though I think Waitrose do a live one and certainly Ocado does. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apple-Cider-Vinegar-547ml-Raw-Unfiltered-Unpasteurised-with-Mother-/221899061577?hash=item33aa36f949:g:CBAAAOSw4HVWCVge